England Hockey have set up several online Umpiring Courses, including Level 1 Umpiring Courses (minimum age 14), Umpire Developer Courses and Introduction to Umpiring Courses.
Currently available dates are listed below. For full details on registration for a course, please go to the relevant England Hockey page. You will need to create and England Hockey online account, with password and the fee for a Level 1 Course (payable online at the time of registration) is only £30.00 at the moment. For further advice text Mike Dutton on 07488 287257.
Dates currently available (for a full list please see the England Hockey page):
17th, 22nd, 24th, 27th Sep. 2nd, 5th, 11th, 16th, 21st, 26th, 29th Oct (Level 1 Courses).
7th Oct (Umpire Developer Course).
19th Sep. 1st, 15th Oct (Introduction to Umpiring Course).
Note that times of the courses vary (morning, afternoon or evening) and they last 90 minutes. See also the additional information below.
Umpire Developer Course (£10 ONLY). Attendees must be at least 18 years old
Introduction to Umpiring Course (£10 ONLY). Attendees must be at least 12 years old
The Level I Umpiring Course (£30) is designed for anyone who is going to be umpiring the 11-a-side game and is delivered fully online. Attendees must be at least 14 years old
- You will need to complete the Online rules test before attending (takes about 50-60 mins or as long as you like, with breaks, and it’s impossible to fail)
- The course is made up of 4 modules:
- The game from a players’ perspective
- The role of the umpire
- Player management
- Preparation and planning the next steps
- Once attended the course you will receive your Level 1 Unassessed Umpires Certificate.